One of the hot design trends right now is direct access laundry rooms. Connected to the master closet or bathroom, this location provides easy access for getting those mountains of laundry done. If you are considering repurposing your space to add a closet near the master bedroom, here are a few things to consider.
- Use a pocket doors instead of a traditional hinged door. It can be left open and out of the way for everyday use or closed to hide a messy space.
- Insulate the room so that any noise caused by the washer or dryer doesn’t keep you awake. Who doesn’t do laundry at night?!
- Ensure you have adequate lighting so you can tell the darks apart from the lights.
- If this isn’t your main laundry, a sink is not a requirement, but a folding surface is.
- Upper storage cabinets are a must to store detergents and extra linens from the master bedroom and bathroom.