People continually ask me where I find inspiration, ideas or stay current on the latest trends. There are several ways and places and things I listen to that give me that shot in the arm from time to time. Here's my go to list.
1. Instagram-I love following up and coming designers, new manufacturers and industry leaders to see what people around the world are up to.
2. Million Dollar Decorating podcast with James Swan-This is my newest favorite! Every day James releases a new podcast where he interviews a different designer. I love learning where others find their inspiration, learning more about their background and design aesthetic and how they decorate their own homes.
3. Houzz-I especially love their twice a week newsletters that I always learn something from.
4. Blogs-I'm a junkie, but this a great way to keep in contact with your favorite designers and see what new and exciting projects they are working on. And it comes to your email inbox.
5. Travel-definitely my favorite way to learn. Different cultures, age and parts of the world have something to offer.
6. Designer show houses-what's more fun than spending a day with girlfriends touring through the latest designer showhouse?
7. Continuing Education Classes-always a source of new information and ideas
8. Trade shows-manufacturers are displaying their best and brightest
9. Magazines-yes, I still love tearing pages out of magazines.
What are your favorite ways to gain inspiration or ideas? I'd love to hear. Email me at email@example.com