Sunday, October 25, 2015

Paris

This spring I was blessed to be able to visit Paris with some friends. We had an amazing time in a wonderful city and enjoyed eating macaroons every day! I thought I would share some of my favorite parts and things that have influenced my work and designs.


-Architecture- the stone work, elegant gardens, amazing stained glass all were so impressive to see. The balconies on nearly every building with beautiful wrought iron railings and cascading flowers were magical. It's amazing all of the artists that spent their lifetimes creating some of the famous buildings, structures and stained glass art. I am in awe of their incredible skills and love for what they created. It truly shines through in the finished product. Do I put as much passion and care into the work I produce?








-Art-everything to the Parisians is art. From paintings to sculptures to metro graffiti, to eclairs too beautiful to eat and wine and champagne produced with such tender love and care. They honor the past and traditions while creating new art and products today. Are my eyes open to the ways I can create art out of the everyday things of life?


There are too many favorites to mention them all, but probably my favorite piece of art that I was able to see was Monet's 'Water Lilies'. Breathtaking, overwhelming, huge, expansive, detailed-these are just some of the words that come to mind when experiencing them. If you ever have the chance to visit the Musée de l'Orangerie to see these beautiful paintings-go!


One thing that has influence my design work is all of the beautiful and different colorful doors on every building. I'm currently working on some new cabinet door styles inspired by my time in France.



Ask anyone-I love to travel and experience and learn from other cultures. I can't wait to visit Paris again and to explore more corners of the earth. Have you learned anything from your travels that has impacted your life? I'd love to hear! Email me at jessica@webbercoleman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment