Sunday, March 30, 2014

Quartz vs. Granite


            One of the most common questions I am asked is Which is better, quartz or granite? Last time we explored exactly what quartz countertops are. I hope you found that information helpful in deciding which material would work best for your space and family.

 

Pick a favorite. Tell me what I should use. Which one is the best? These are comments I hear all the time when clients are trying to decide between quartz or granite countertops. Often times I take the politically correct route and say “It’s personal preference.” I know, I know. Not very helpful, right? Well, let’s talk through it.

 

Color: If you are looking for a more solid color, less variation or consistent pattern, quartz may be the product for you. If you like the natural pattern of granite and want something that truly acts as a piece of art in your space, granite may be the one for you.

 

Maintenance: If you are a set-it-and-forget-about-it type of person, quartz may be the better solution for you. Granite is recommended to be sealed once a year. Don’t be dismayed! This is not a difficult process and can be done by even the most regular Joe.

 

Durability: Both products are very durable and you would be hard pressed to really hurt them unless you like cooking with a blowtorch or banging cast iron skillets around. Any product can chip if hit with the right thing in the right spot.

 

For many applications, I lean more towards granite for it’s natural beauty. You just can’t beat the unique character found in a slab of granite. It’s amazing that something that beautiful comes out of the ground! Some pieces I believe could be hung on the wall and called art. But, I also love and utilize quartz for different applications. Like I said, it all comes down to personal preference. So do you like quartz over granite? What do you like or dislike? Shoot me an email and share your thoughts at Jessica@webbercoleman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment