Sunday, February 21, 2010

Welcome!


Welcome to “Ask the Cabinet Lady”. I hope you are enjoying reading this during a lazy Sunday afternoon, perhaps while enjoying a hot cup of tea. Twice a month we will address issues that pertain to the kitchen, bathroom and other remodeling projects. We will tackle issues such as farmhouse sinks, glazing existing cabinets, closet organization, stainless steel- fad or future, backsplashes and what to don now that you have decided to stay in your home.

“Who are you?” you may ask, and “why should I spend my lazy afternoon with you?” As a certified Associate Kitchen and Bath Designer through the National Kitchen and Bath Association, I am a certified professional with 8 years of kitchen and bath industry experience. As an AKBD through the NKBA, the leading authority of kitchen and bath design, I am the first and only such person in the Athens area to earn this designation. The AKBD designation requires a comprehensive academic examination, continuing education and professional recommendations.

My experience has come primarily through working in our family business, The Cabinet Man, a northeast Georgia firm, specializing in custom cabinetry and kitchen and bath remodeling. I bring a down to earth, common sense, organized approach to each project I work with while trying to achieve the highest quality end result without necessarily breaking the bank.

Well, that’s enough about me. Next time we will get down to brass tacks and learn how to make your house the best home it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment