Sunday, September 24, 2017

9 Ways to Find Inspiration


People continually ask me where I find inspiration, ideas or stay current on the latest trends. There are several ways and places and things I listen to that give me that shot in the arm from time to time. Here's my go to list.

1.    Instagram-I love following up and coming designers, new manufacturers and industry leaders to see what people around the world are up to.
2.    Million Dollar Decorating podcast with James Swan-This is my newest favorite! Every day James releases a new podcast where he interviews a different designer. I love learning where others find their inspiration, learning more about their background and design aesthetic and how they decorate their own homes.
3.    Houzz-I especially love their twice a week newsletters that I always learn something from.
4.    Blogs-I'm a junkie, but this a great way to keep in contact with your favorite designers and see what new and exciting projects they are working on. And it comes to your email inbox.
5.    Travel-definitely my favorite way to learn. Different cultures, age and parts of the world have something to offer.
6.    Designer show houses-what's more fun than spending a day with girlfriends touring through the latest designer showhouse?
7.    Continuing Education Classes-always a source of new information and ideas
8.    Trade shows-manufacturers are displaying their best and brightest
9.    Magazines-yes, I still love tearing pages out of magazines.


What are your favorite ways to gain inspiration or ideas? I'd love to hear. Email me at jessica@webbercolemam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment