Last time we talked through some items that could be tackled by the average homeowner. This week will will discuss five things that you should hire a professional for.
1. Installing a gas range. One thing you don't want to be responsible for is blowing up your house or poisoning your family. Hire the plumber or appliance installer to take care of this for you.
2. Tile work. The amount of tools, knowledge, back strength. You'll thank me later...When the shower doesn't leak or floor tile crack.
3. Installing flooring. Again, the back strength. It's not just the floor to consider, there's trim, transition to other floor types, the underpayment. Hire the professional.
4. Refinishing cabinets. Have you ever attempted this? Then you know. If you haven't, don't. Just not worth it. Hire the professional who will get it right in half the time and mess.
5. Reglazing a tub. You really don't want to mess this up or do it twice.
Can you tell I am a huge proponent of hiring a professional to do the job right the first time? And it's not just because I am such a professional. I've tried it the other way and it just isn't worth the time, materials and frustration you go through. And you won't have your family members nagging you about an incomplete project or something that you did incorrectly. As always, hire someone with a good reputation, insurance and the necessary licenses. If you have any questions you would like addressed, don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com